Entry #2
Dates: 7/5/16-7/7/16
Activities: Updating registration forms, work on song lyrics PowerPoint, edit website
Technical Information: Publisher, PowerPoint, Wordpress
Reflection: This week I started to get into the grind of work. I spoke to my supervisor in the morning when I first arrived and she would have a list of things for me to do now and some to do later. I mainly worked on creating a list of songs to sing at Youth Group and putting the lyrics onto a PowerPoint presentation. I was also given some retreat registration forms that I had to update and modernize so that they were more visually pleasing. Finally, I started my work on the Youth Page of the Kirk website.
Topic: The work atmosphere at the Kirk is extremely casual and laid back. My supervisor and the head pastor joke back and forth from their offices and even the office assistants in the front of the office would get in on the action. It is very collaborative because once a week all the pastors and the head of the music program meet and discuss what to put in the upcoming church service. The dress code is business casual, but jeans are okay and even encouraged by one of the pastors there. I personally prefer dressing up because I feel more professional that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment