Tuesday, November 1, 2016

College/Career plans

Entry #8
Dates: 8/15/16 - 8/18/16
Activities: Compiling a document of songs and energizers (choreographed dances to songs) for Youth Group, making finishing touches on the website
Technical Info: Word, Wordpress

Reflection: My internship is winding down now which means I am doing more planning activities for the upcoming Youth Group kickoff. I found all the energizers that the youth group has ever done and compiled them into a word document, printed them on large paper, laminated them, and then put them on a metal ring. I also made some final touches on the website with formatting and images.

Topic: I have talked a lot about college with my coworkers and supervisor and the piece of advice that has stuck out to me is that I am not tied down to whatever I choose to do. Right now I may want to go into the medical field and study at the University of South Carolina, but if I decide that major or school is not the right fit for me, I can change it. I have always thought of college as a very permanent thing, but I can always switch majors or transfer schools which is a comforting thought. This thought process has changed my plans for college and my career in that I do not have to stick to either one if I do not like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment