Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Internship Expectations

Entry #4
Dates: 7/25/16 - 7/28/16
Activities: Work on website, update forms, attend a Presbytery meeting
Technical Information: Wordpress, Publisher

Reflection: This was another week with a different set up than past weeks. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday were normal days where I worked on the website and continued updating forms, but on Tuesday, I attended a Presbytery meeting. The Presbytery is a large gathering of leaders from over 100 churches in Eastern North Carolina. On this particular day, we met in Wilson at First Presbyterian Church Wilson at 8:00 am and it went until about 3 pm. It was basically a very long meeting discussing different aspects of the church and their opinion on them. For example, HB2 was very hotly debated and many people got up to debate their stance. Overall, it was very interesting but also very long and boring. I got to talk to a lot of people though and utilized my AOIT soft skills.

Topic: The internship is meeting my expectations in that I expected to be alone a lot and just being productive with what tasks I have been given. I am able to listen to music which is great, but I get bored a lot because I don't have a lot of people to talk to. It is definitely something I can control because I can leave the library more, but at the same time, the only room I really have room to work in is the library, so not much can be done about that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment